Friday, January 4, 2013

hCG shots are not my favorite

I gave in.

Despite not having a positive OPK yet, I went ahead and followed what the dr. said and gave myself an hCG shot last night at 9pm.
I went to the gyno here on the 2nd and had a follicle with 15mm and a normal endometrium, and they wanted me to trigger the next day and come in on Saturday.
Even though it might have been the same time with my natural trigger, it just felt like the right thing to do this week. Meditating before doing the shot really helped with my fears about it, even though, despite watching a how-to on youtube, the damn glas vial broke again!

Luckily, neither of us were hurt (poor Broom hasn't had luck the 2 times we have done this), and I don't think we lost too much liquid. Today, I woke up to very fertile CM and got a positive on my OPK, so that means it is doing what it is supposed to.

Today I am off work since they had to shut off the power. It feels nice to be able to take some time for me before driving the approx. 2 hours to the insem tomorrow. Unfortunately, I will be going alone since it is Broom's last day at her shit job before starting a new (and hopefully better) one on the 15th. Although it sucks, my wife does have character and not showing up on your last day is a crap thing to do.

So, I will be waking up at oh-God-thirty on a Saturday to ensure that I get there at 8:30. Keep your fingers crossed that this try goes well and that traffic and everything is OK. The next two weeks are supposed to be busy at work, so I am going to try and keep my stress in check (massage scheduled for next week, yay!) and enjoy being distracted.

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment