Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How I got in to reading blogs

Once upon a time, I got laid off with a year’s notice.

Seems impossible, but alas, sometimes I end up proving crap like that wrong.

Although such a long notice period is uncommon in Germany, they decided to make an exception with me as my job had become redundant after a merger.

To make this motivating situation even better was the fact that my boss wanted to fire me again to get rid of me more quickly- something that was luckily not possible due to German labor laws. The rest is, of course, speculation- but let’s leave it to say that between my lack of challenging tasks and increased motivation at these blooming prospects- I spent a lot of time applying for jobs (I would open my Excel table to tell you exactly how many I applied for- but I am not in the mood to get depressed right now.)  and surfing the internet.

A LOT of time I spent with the internets- but let’s not crunch numbers, I really don’t want to know. 

I filled in the gaps with an array of other activities that were NEVER completed at work (because who does that and then switches to HR, I mean REALLY?). Let’s just say this letter I once composed is of things I did on the train, m’kay?

 
It took me 30 minutes of searching to realize that I don’t have a train photo- weird, right? But there is one here in the bottom right hand corner, which counts for something. All photo credits to my Broom.



Dear Train,

Here is a list of things I have done whilst commuting in that in-between place filled with uncertainty (In no chronological order- or in any order for that matter!):
clean out my nails, plan our wedding, listen to a podcast, surf facebook, write my parents, talk to my wife in Tajikistan, surf for places to resell my wedding dress, apply for jobs, catch up on the news, watch exchange rates change, stare into space, wish I were someone else, watching videos on youtube, writing personal emails, bill pay, talking on the phone privately, making drs appointments, shopping online, studying for interviews, talking to potential employers, and wish I had work/ask people if I can help them- you know, while on the t r a i n. 

Best Regards,
Someone who is now addicted to blogs; yet, I repeat- did NONE of these things whilst on company time. Because- who does that?

That’s right, no one.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...yeah, you are a photo thief!
    And I am sorry you had to go through that weird time.

    ReplyDelete